Ravenna, Cosiddetto Palazzo di Teodorico, Frammento di mosaico pavimentale con cerchi intrecciati

mar/biblioteca_classense_mario_mazzotti_archive/fm_pat_02790E1a.jpg

Description

Fragment of floor mosaic discovered during the excavation campaign (1908-1914) in the area behind the Basilica of Sant'Apollinare Nuovo in Ravenna, where it is supposed there was the Palace of Theodoric.
The fragment has been detached and it is now conserved in the building that served as portico to the destroyed church of San Salvatore ad Calchi (the so-called Palace of Theodoric)

Current Ownership

Polo Museale Emilia Romagna

Chronology Period

6th c. AD

Technique

Content Provider

Museum of Ravenna

Original Collection

Biblioteca Classense, Mario Mazzotti Archive

Content Rights